Below one will find locations for practitioners, especially new practitioners, to purchase their Hoodoo/Conjure supplies. As far as occult shops go, if you don't see the name listed below then it's either a store I've never shopped from before or it is a store that I've had multiple (yes multiple) negative experiences with and would never recommend anyone shopping there, and of course would never shop there again. I will also list some links to online occult shops that I plan on purchasing from in the near future.
- Wal Mart, KMart, Etc. - Don't underestimate the power of these monsters. I just visited my local Wal Mart last weekend and discovered some very beautiful Novena and 7 Day Plain Color Candles. I plan on going back to stock up. Of course you can purchase herbs, other candles, and various other supplies a conjure worker needs. I even bought dragon's blood incense from Wal Mart once.
- Grocery Stores - Very good source for herbs, Novena and Hoodoo Candles, Florida Water, and the like. Better to choose one that sells ethnic foods.
- Thrift Stores - Very good source of candles and candle holders. Many of them will sell bags of old candles. Just make sure to use Virgin Candles. Also be on the look out for other items one may be interested in, such as brass cauldrons, bells, and even figurines. Check out the books as well.
- Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General, & Other Dollar Stores - Very good source for herbs, candles, candle holders, and sometimes incense. Occasionally one can find Florida Water, but I live in the Bible Belt and they pulled Florida Water from the stores here after learning they were used for "Voodoo" or "Satanism" (What ignorant people call hoodoo/rootwork). One can even purchase bibles at Dollar Stores, and the Bible is the most powerful conjure book of all time.
- Local Occult/New-Age Shops - Can be an excellent source for candles, incense, herbs, stones, and other conjure goods. Just be careful and read my blog on tips for shopping at these stores by clicking HERE.
- Herb Shops - Shops that cater only to the alternative medicine crowd, not necessarily anything relating to "magic", but still good places to buy herbs.
- Religious Gifts - Excellent source for religious goods, bibles, holy water bottles, saint statues, etc. Now, these are not "magic" stores, so don't get them confused with Occult shops.
- Catholic Churches - Holy Water
- Liquor Stores - Whiskey! (Those airplane bottles are good sizes to use for condition oils as well, by the way.)
- Flea Markets - You might check out your local Flea Markets. Many of them have booths or locations where spiritual products are sold. One may even find a reader or two there as well.
- Hobby Lobby/Michael's, & Other Hobby/Craft Supplies - Excellent source for supplies. Candles, candle holders, various mosses & dried plants, pendants & charms, just all kinds of stuff. Check them out.
- Hancock Fabrics (or other Fabric Shops) - Excellent sources for cloth, especially red flannel!
- Ace , Lowes & Other Hardware Stores - Every now and then I find something interesting.
- Coin Shops - Good place to find Indian Head Pennies & Mercury Dimes
- Banks - Ask the teller for 2 Dollar Bills. Also good to get some bank dirt for use in prosperity work.
- Online Stores- Here is a list of the online occult shops I purchase from. If you don't see the name of one listed here, then it's either because I've never purchased anything from them or I've had too many negative experiences and refuse to shop there again, and of course refuse to recommend them to anyone else.
Wisdom Products (Was Indio) - I've never had a negative experience with them.
13 Moons - Another great place, Again, never had a negative experience.
Azuregreen - I only had one slight problem with the way they handle out-of-stock items. If something is out-of-stock they keep your order on back-order and automatically ship it out, sometimes months later, with additional s/h charges. Sorry, but I prefer for the item to be canceled rather than having to pay extra s/h charges. Other than this problem, I haven't had any other problems with them and will still continue to do business with them and recommend them to other people. It takes a lot for me to get to the point where I would never do business with a shop/company ever again, but amazingly it has happened!
Lady Hawk's Treasures - Very nice site to purchase from. I haven't ordered a lot from them but I've never had a negative experience with them.
Sacred Vescha Conjure - Recently made my first purchase from them. I love the look of her oil bottles.
Lucky Hoodoo - (Was Augustines's) I haven't actually purchased anything from them but did get a gift of an old catalog and some "Sweet Green Money-Drawing Oil" which I love. I will definitely do business with them in the future. I love the graphics on their new website. Check them out!
- Ebay - Enough said.
- Amazon.com - Excellent source for occult books. Hint: Save your money and purchase used books rather than new ones.
And below are the online occult shops that I will be placing orders with in the near future.
- Old Style Conjure
- Papa Jim's (I wanted to purchase from him years ago, but he went out of business. Now I guess he's back!)
- Original Products
- Miller's Rexall
- Old Grandpa
- Grandma's Candle Shop
- Lucky Hoodoo